9 Oct 2013

Pinenut, Parmesan and Fennel Seed Wafers

My second job is in a library. While I'm there I almost always come across a new and interesting food book - or an old favourite that I haven't seen in a while. This week my find was "Ärabesque - Modern Middle Eastern Food" by Greg and Lucy Malouf. I look forward to really exploring it, but so far have only flicked through it and was instantly drawn to Pine Nut Wafers. I tried them this evening. They were straightforward to make, and just as tasty and luscious as I'd hoped. They'd be great with pre-dinner drinks. 
I love the colour of fennel seeds!
Pine Nut Wafers
Ingredients 
100g Pinenuts, roughly chopped
100g parmesan cheese, grated
1 tspn fennel seeds, roasted and lightly crushed

Method
Pre-heat oven to 180C
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients well. 
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Carefully spoon rounds of the mixture onto the tray. I used egg-rings as a mould, but removed them before baking.)
before baking
after baking
Bake for 8-10 minutes
Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely on the tray.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Makes 10-12 wafers.

Cheers
Nicola






No comments:

Post a Comment