This is what we came up with:-
Beetroot and Cumin Dip with Greek Pitta and Carrot Sticks.
- Place a large Fresh Beetroot into a pot of cold water full enough to cover it and bring to boil, cook , covered, until tender (approx 45min - depending on size)
- Peel Beetroot while still warm (skin should slip off easily - gloves may help with heat.)
- Puree beetroot in a food processor.
- Add Greek Yoghurt (about 1/2 cup), Ground cumin (about 2 tspn) and some salt and pepper and puree further.
- Taste to see if more yoghurt or salt needed.
- Serve beautiful coloured dip with bright accompaniments.
Asparagus Spears Wrapped in Smoked Salmon and Nori and a Lemon Mayonnaise
This one we googled while looking for asparagus ideas (and have included the link). Rolling Stiff Nori was harder than I thought so they look a bit rough - but the taste was great. We added a lemon mayonnaise (Good Mayo with fresh lemon juice and pepper stirred through it which went very well)
Goats cheese, roasted cherry tomato and parsley mini-toasts.
- Halve and roast cherry tomatoes (tossed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, A little Balsamic Vinegar and some salt and pepper) until soft (about 20 min)
- Spread toasts with some goats cheese, a parsley leaf and a roasted cherry tomato and serve soon afterwards.
- I meant to use pesto but didn't have basil - it would have been tastier, but these were good and quick.
It was all eaten and enjoyed!